Must be a Lawful Permanent Resident/LPR/Green Card holder for five years; different rules apply whether spouse of a U.S. citizen or VAWA (Violence against Women Act) – contact our office for an explanation.

Must be at least 18 years old.

Must be physically present in the U.S.

Must be continuously present in the U.S. Over one year outside the U.S. automatically abandon the green card if no reentry permit filed.

Must be a person of good moral character.

Immigration will conduct an in-person interview with you to adjudicate the N400 petition.

Medical Waivers(N648) apply to overcome English requirements.

If N400 application denied can file an N336 request for hearing on a Naturalization decision.

Once a U.S. citizen, you can vote, and obtain a U.S. Passport.