Religious and Media Visas
R1 Religious Worker Visa
- MUST BE: religious worker, minister (includes deacons and officers of the salvation army).
- 5 year maximum period.
- Must show non-immigrant intent.
- Dependents (spouse and children) R-2; not eligible for work authorization.
I Visas for Representatives of the Media
- Of foreign press, radio, film or other foreign information media
- Includes free lance media workers as long as they have a valid contract.
- Admission for duration of status and extensions given for one year.
- No limitations on extensions, may remain indefinitely.
- Dependents (spouse and children) can seek work authorization.