Religious and Media Visas

R1 Religious Worker Visa

  • MUST BE: religious worker, minister (includes deacons and officers of the salvation army).
  • 5 year maximum period.
  • Must show non-immigrant intent.
  • Dependents (spouse and children) R-2; not eligible for work authorization.

I Visas for Representatives of the Media

  • Of foreign press, radio, film or other foreign information media
  • Includes free lance media workers as long as they have a valid contract.
  • Admission for duration of status and extensions given for one year.
  • No limitations on extensions, may remain indefinitely.
  • Dependents (spouse and children) can seek work authorization.